Wednesday, September 22, 2010

The Many Events of Today : September 22, 2010

Today is a special day .. it's September 22, 2010. Why is it so special?

Today is Chuseok (Korean Thanksgiving Day), the Mooncake Festival, and also the birthday of my dear Triple S friend.. MENU AH!!!! XD lol..

Curious about what Chuseok is ^^ ? 

Chuseok (Korean: 추석), originally known as Hangawi (한가위) (from archaic Korean for "great middle"), is a major harvest festival and a three-day holiday in Korea celebrated on the 15th day of the 8th month of the lunar calendar. Like many other harvest festivals, it is held around the Autumn Equinox. As a celebration of the good harvest, Koreans visit their ancestral hometowns and share a feast of Korean traditional food such as songpyeon. In modern South Korea, on Chuseok there is a mass exodus of Koreans as they return to their hometowns to pay respects to the spirits of their ancestors. People perform ancestral worship rituals early in the morning. They often visit the tombs of their immediate ancestors to trim plants and clean the area around the tomb, and offer food, drink, and crops to their ancestors. Harvest crops are attributed to the blessing of ancestors. One of the major foods prepared and eaten during the Chuseok holiday is songpyeon (송편), a crescent-shaped rice cake which is steamed upon pine needles. Other foods commonly prepared are japchae, bulgogi and fruits.

(this is what a traditional Chuseok ceremonial table setting looks like ^^ it's called Jesasang)


And at the same time, the Chinese celebrate Mooncake Festival! ...well actually the proper name is Mid-Autumn Festival or Zhongqiujie [中秋節] ^^ it's actually similar to Chuseok. The people celebrate the year's good harvest and is done at the time the full moon appears ^^. And at this festival..we eat MOONCAKES!! XD 


(These cakes are also called Tong Ciu Pia..really yummy!! especially the ones with the duck egg yolk in the middle XD)

AND LASTLY 

IT'S MENU AH'S 22nd BIRTHDAY!! AUGURI MENU AH!! BUON COMPLEANNO...ANI...SAENGIL CHUKHAHAEEEE!!! XDD

I truly wish you all the best with all my heart. I mean every word when I say I love you as much as I love SS501..and like what you said on my birthday..I sincerely hope we could still do this till 501 more years to come! 
So to the best raver in town, the girl whose head is insanely creative and also a friend as silly as I am..Happy Birthday! 
I know for sure that Shisus do bless you everyday of your life :)

and since it's impossible for me to send you a real cake.. 

LOVE YA! XD

1 comment:

  1. I hate this. >.< Not the entry. The comment thing. I hate it. Dah, one would think that with so many blogs on the web, sites should be more merciful with me. But no. It's like they constantly try to tell me 'GTFO'. =.=
    Aish...anyway i can't remember exactly what i wrote yesterday but it was pretty much something like:

    I WANT THAT CAKE! NOW! WHERE IS IT? Saengie's eaten it all while i was out, right? Shoot, i shouldn't have spent the whole day out spending money with my mom. XDD
    But seriously, THANKYU SO MUCH!!! I tend not to rate my TS sis but i can't help it. You're just one of those on top of my list.
    And i've never had a blog entry dedicated to me so THANKYU SO MUCH again!!!! \o/ I LOVE YOU! *_* Or, well...around here we say TI VOGLIO BENE!!!! XDD

    ReplyDelete